Understand Runner Gratitude - Deodorant more



Body Odor

People who understand the Law of Attraction understand that energy flows where attention goes.

Think about your life as a runner. Is it full of what you would consider to be positive energy, or is it cluttered with the negative energy of things, experiences, and emotions that do not serve you?

In other words, is your running life a source of strength and renewal for you, or has it become something that you now dread? If you lean toward the latter instead of the former, then your running has gotten into a rut.

But there is a way out of this rut. The Law of Attraction is like an obedient servant. Dwell on something, and you will get that or more of that. So choose new things on which to dwell to bring joy back into your running life.

This is easier said than done, but you can fake it until you make it, as some would say. And you need not even fake it. Look around you. Think of everything that positively supports you as a runner, and feel gratitude for all of it.

One item that supports you probably rarely gets a second thought from you, and that one item is deodorant. Can you imagine running without it? Perhaps you can, especially if you train alone and return from your workout to an empty home or hotel room. But many runners rely on deodorant for many reasons. Here are several thoughts of gratitude about deodorant that you may want to consider and feel.


I am truly grateful that my deodorant lets me train in close proximity to other runners without offending them with my long-workout body odor.
I am thankful to the chemists and other scientists who have researched and developed the perfect deodorant -- the one that works best for me as a runner.
I appreciate that I can linger several minutes with fellow runners after a group run without driving them away with my body odor -- all thanks to my deodorant.
I am very glad that I can return to my home or hotel room and not "stink up the joint" right away with lots of body odor from my run.
I am amazed at the way that the agents in my deodorant fight body odor that will otherwise develop more strongly during my long runs.

By regularly reviewing a list like this, you can increase your skill at feeling grateful for all that supports your running life. And the result will be more zest for running.


Kirk Mahoney, Ph.D., loves to walk and run, and his SpryFeet.com website provides practical research for runners and walkers. By going to http://www.SpryFeet.com/Reports/, you can get his FREE "Pace Tables for Runners and Walkers" special report, letting you look up paces needed to complete several different race distances within given durations and for different micro-level-pacing methods.

(c) Copyright - Kirk Mahoney, Ph.D. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.




Runner Gratitude - Deodorant